Cemeteries

Cemeteries of the R.M. of Birch Hills

Abandoned Cemetery

  • Located in the RM of Birch Hills, NE ¼ 11-46-23-W2.

Birch Hills Public Cemetery

  • Located ½ mile east of Birch Hills on the NW ¼ 22-46-24-W2.

Centenary Methodist Cemetery

  • Located in the RM of Birch Hills, ½ mile east and 2 ½ miles south of Birch Hills on the SW ¼ of 10-46-24-W2.
  • The Centenary Methodist Church and Cemetery was started in the early 1900’s.
  • There is no longer a Methodist Church or minister in the area.
  • No cemetery records were found.

Holy Trinity Cemetery

  • Located in the RM of Birch Hills, 6 ½ miles east and 1 mile south of Birch Hills on the SW ¼ 22-46-23-W2.
  • The Anglican Church built on this property and cemetery is well cared for.

Lake Park Zion Lutheran Church Cemetery

  • Located in the RM of Birch Hills, 4 ½ miles east and 4 miles north of Birch Hills on the SW ¼ 16-47-23-W2.

St. Saviour’s Cemetery

  • Located in the RM of Birch Hills, 1 mile east and 1 mile south of Birch Hills on the NW ¼  of 8-46-24-W2.
  • St. Saviour’s Anglican Church was constructed in 1905 with the spire and bell added in 1912.
  • St. Saviour’s ceased to function as an active church in 1950 and was designated a heritage site in 1985.
  • Restoration began in 1986 by the St. Saviour’s Church and Cemetery Committee through donations received from descendants and friends.
  • This property is kept very well.

Winton Cemetery was developed in 1916

  • Located in the RM of Birch Hills, 4 ½ miles east and 9 ½ miles north of Birch Hills on the NW  9-48-23-W2.
  • This cemetery is in excellent condition.

Leave a Reply